Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Catch-up

So much going on, and so little time to blog. Here's a quick catch-up. Each of these points could be a post of its own, but a bullet point will have to do for now.
  • After many years of Tuesday night rehearsals in the basement, the aikido band went out and played an open mic. Our lead guitarist couldn't make it at the last minute, so we played as a trio. It was a blast, and we were tentatively offered a paying gig. We'll see what happens. Of course, the band has a FB page, here.
  • Rosewood gigs continue, one after the other, and it still seems like this much fun is probably illegal. Occasionally it's so much fun that I even crack a smile.
  • The Mandolin Store has received my trade and has shipped me the Breedlove. It's supposed to arrive on...Thursday. Thursday?!? I have to wait until Thursday!? Sigh.... :-)
  • I discovered The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum, and if there was ever an online place for me, this is it. And as I laughed to Darling Wife, a better bunch of enablers never existed. If you have 19 Martins and are wondering if you should get #20, you can find a whole bunch of people ready to help talk you into it. I shared my own Martin story on the forum, here.
  • YouTube guitar lesson of the week: acoustic guitar version of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes", as performed by Heart's Nancy Wilson. Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment