Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Eastman Mandolin

By the look of things, I was a very good boy this past year and Santa took note. Either that, or I spent part of my year-end bonus on a toy for myself. Whatever the case, there was an Eastman mandolin under the tree on Christmas morning.

It looks gorgeous and sounds gorgeous. Based on the 85 hours I've played it since Christmas (a rough and non-scientific estimate), she's a keeper.

There was universal joy and acclamation throughout the house that I'd gotten such a nice instrument (expressed via muttering and eye rolls.... :-))

Now, do I keep the entry-level Kentucky mandolin I got in the spring? It's a great instrument for what it is. I could keep it and use it as a "festival" mando (i.e., one that I could take without worry to an outdoor festival.) There's no such thing as too many instruments...is there? (No, of course there isn't!) Or should I see what it will bring on CL? Hmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. CL is for wussies. Real men keep ALL their toys. Besides...it's small...

    ReplyDelete