Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Travel Guitar

Washburn WMJ 10S Mini Jumbo 
I had a recent birthday, and when asked the inevitable "what do you want for your birthday", one thing came to mind. I would love to take a guitar with me to various places - to the River, to the beach, to the campground, etc. I love my Seagull, but it's too nice an instrument to take into the elements. So I've been thinking about getting a "beater" or "travel" acoustic guitar.

I did some research, asked some questions, and settled on the Washburn WMJ 10S Mini Jumbo Acoustic Guitar. I heard numerous recommendations for Washburns as decent-quality guitars at entry-level prices. I ordered it from Musician's Friend (using one of the discount coupons that shows up in my inbox just about every day), and it was delivered a few days later.

I've had it for a week now, and I'm very pleased. It looks, feels, and sounds great. I like the mini jumbo size. The action could be a little lower, but that's something I can fix the first time I change the strings.

I'm tentatively planning to bring this with me to the Adirondacks, keeping it at my feet in the van if there's not room for it in the back. And I'm calling it a travel guitar - not a "beater." I plan to take good care of it - but I also plan on taking it with me everywhere I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment