Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Playing with Eric

Yesterday afternoon, returning home after a morning of aikido, I was pleasantly surprised to find Eric and his family visiting with Lori.  I showed Eric my Epiphone Les Paul (even though I've had it for a while, I didn't think he had ever seen it.)  We made plans to go to his house for dinner, and he mentioned in passing that I should bring a guitar with me.  He has a beautiful Fender Strat, and we've talked about playing, but never actually have.  So I took my Tele and my amp with me just in case.

And we played.  We messed around with some simple three-chord songs, and then worked on The Moody Blues' "Tuesday Afternoon", which is a bit more complicated.  We also just jammed some, with Eric playing a chord progression and me doing some improv over top of it.  Since that's what I'm really working on now, it was a lot of fun.

I had fun, and I hope we'll do it again soon.

Eric's take on the evening is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment