Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to 10's on the Tele

I mentioned that I had put 0.09 gauge strings on both my electrics, for easier string bending.  I liked how they felt, but there was a side effect on the Telecaster.  There was a buzzing on the D string when played open that was annoying.

I didn't immediately pick up the correlation that the buzzing started when I put the 9's on.  Or if I did, I figured I hadn't put the string on correctly.  Then I remembered a post on a message board, saying that changing the string gauge on a guitar sometimes means the neck tension will be different, so the neck will need adjusting.

Since I don't want to take it into the shop for an adjustment, I re-strung it with 10's.  The D-string buzzing went away.

I'll keep 9's on the Epiphone, as that's how I asked for it at the setup.  But it will be 10's for the Telecaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment