Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Playing the Les Paul

The story of my eBay win of the Epiphone Les Paul is told elsewhere.  But I got it back from the shop on Sunday and can finally talk about actually playing it.

Cleaned and set up, it's a beautiful instrument.  The only thing that was wrong with it was the high-E tuning peg, which I thought was broken, as it couldn't hold the string in tune.  According to the repairman, It was easily fixable, and now works fine.  A badly-needed new set of string completed the setup.

I've been playing it exclusively for the past two days, and I love it.  It gives that nice fat Les Paul sound that I could try to get with the Telecaster, but never with complete success.  I've been doing some finger exercises and rehearsing some band songs, and the feel doesn't seem much different.  I guess from reading message board posts, I was expecting that the feel might be different.

Also, it just looks so damn cool.

Going forward, I'm sure I'll play both guitars, but it remains to be seen in what proportion.  More details and impressions as I play it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment