Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

A New Guitar Blog

Yes, a new guitar blog.  As it says in my profile, I've had an off-and-on, more-frustrating-than-not relationship with the guitar over the past 30+ years.  In the last year or two, I've finally starting making some strides in learning how to play.  The result of making progress is that it's more fun to play, which means I want to play more and work harder.  A nice positive feedback loop.

I've also had a chance to play with some people of similar ability, and we've had some fun jam sessions, and we're currently rehearsing as a band, and may even have a gig lined up a local bar.  More on that as it happens.

I know I'm just scratching the surface and have a lot to learn.  I hope to use this blog to write down my thoughts and experiences.

I've also played electric bass over the years, and am fooling around with the mandolin.  These instruments may find their way into the blog too (which is why I put "fretboard" in the blog title instead of "guitar.")

No comments:

Post a Comment