Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Musical Week in Review, 2/9

It was a fairly quiet week music-wise:

* No buying or selling, and not because I wasn't trying. C'mon Craigslist, help me out!

* No Rosewood rehearsals. There was supposed to be one tonight, but it didn't happen. Our next gig is Friday night at St. Peter's Bakery. Not coincidentally, Darling Wife knows where she'll be spending her Valentine's Day. We've always had fun there, and are looking forward to it. We hope to practice twice this week before the gig.

* I listened to Eric Johnson's Live from Austin, TX in the car today, and that never fails to blow me away. Amazing guitar work - unbelievably clean.

* Just because. Here's Steve Winwood playing "Can't Find My Way Home." And here's a good lesson on it, with a beginner tilt. And here's one, more advanced, by my favorite YouTube guy.

Finally, a joke that makes me smile.

A boy starts taking bass lessons. He comes home after day one, mom asks what he learned. "I learned the E string." He comes home after day two, mom asks what he learned. "I learned the A string." Comes home after day three, mom asks "did you learn the D string today?" "No I had a gig."

No comments:

Post a Comment