Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Odds and Ends

A few random notes and links:
  • In my last post about the Tommy Emmanuel concert, I linked to his performance of Angelina, one of my favorite Tommy songs. Here's a video of him backstage listening to a young kid play it. And then giving him a few pointers. I love how he just loves to play.
  • Speaking of Angelina, here's a tab. I haven't decided yet whether I should attempt it, or forget I ever saw it.
  • How could I possibly not go to this?
  • Simply gorgeous version of Over the Waterfall. Simple parts...acoustic guitar and mandolin. I know the song and could play either part.
  • Going to California guitar tutorial. One of my favorite Zeppelin acoustic songs. (Here's my other favorite - though there are a lot of great ones.)
  • I had to make a long drive last weekend, and I downloaded two CD's by the Wailin' Jennys as road music. Fantastic group with beautiful vocal harmonies and acoustic instruments - and from my honorary home and native land. Here's a YouTube clip of Beautiful Dawn.
  • Next Rosewood gig is this Saturday night, and we're excited. There will be at least one mandolin song. There's talk of incorporating the fiddle, but not just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment