Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday Miscellaneous

A few random happenings and links, in no particular order.

* We leave for Ireland one week from today. It's a tour that's organized by a band we know - and while it's not a "music" tour, music will be prominently involved. The band has organized some evening pub gigs, and there will also be lots of informal jamming. I'll be bringing my mandolin, and there will also be opportunities to play guitar and bass. It should be a blast.

* I'm still very happy with my recent purchases/trades. The Breedlove mandolin is exactly what I hoped it would be, and the Recording King is a perfect second acoustic. Both are getting plenty of playing time.

* The Great American Guitar Show is coming up in early November.

* Here's a nice little blog post about being a traveling musician, written by the singer of the Stray Birds, a band we saw at Folk Fest '13.

* Interview with Joe Perry on his new memoir, his '59 Les Paul, and more.

* Interesting post about getting more from your practice time. These all feel right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment