Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

My Happy Place

Yes, this is my happy place!
Last Saturday, I played a set with the Rosewood Trio as part of a charity event/polo match benefitting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The weather was perfect, and it was a very fun day, and I think we sounded good. Darling Wife, who has been at every open mic and every one of the three gigs I've played with them, said this is the best we've sounded. We also were actually a quartet for the day, as my friend Joe played the drums with us (two rehearsals and he was good to go.)

I was very happy that brother Eric and his family were able to be there - I was pretty sure that he'd enjoy seeing us, and he did (his very gracious take on the day is here.) Even better, he's a good photographer, so we finally have some band pics with a quality above an iPhone camera (posted on the Facebook page.)

Now, one thing Darling Wife tells me after every single performance is something to the effect of, "You look *so* miserable up there." I assure her every time that I'm practically giddy with delight to be on stage performing with some very talented musicians. But I'm also *concentrating*.

I've been hearing about "bitchy resting face." Apparently I have "miserable performing face." I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it. So yes, this really is a picture of me in my happy place. Believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment