Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Here Comes the Sun"

I heard the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun" recently, and it struck me as such a classic song that I should know how to play it. I did a quick YouTube search, and Marty Schwartz from guitarjamz.com came to the rescue yet again.

I can't recommend Marty highly enough. He has one YouTube channel for lessons and theory, and another channel for song tutorials. He's a great teacher, and I've learned a ton from him.

"Here Comes the Sun" turns out not to be that complicated. It's played with a capo at the 7th fret (though that's only necessary to play in the same key as the recorded version.) The chords are simple: D, G, A7, E7. The strumming is the trickiest part - at least if you want to do it as George Harrison did.

Marty explains it clearly and in detail, and I have the basics pretty much down cold. It's a fun song to play, and I'm not completely smooth with it yet - but that's just a matter of repetition.

Here's Marty's lesson:

No comments:

Post a Comment